An in-depth, yearlong journey to bring 8 Shields wisdom and practices into your life, family, work and communities.
Have you been inspired by 8 Shields events like Art of Mentoring and Nature Culture Regeneration, and are seeking ways and support to land it more in your own life, family, community and work?
Running April 2018 to January 2019, led and designed by experienced facilitators, this rich journey home will help 8 Shields practices and wisdom take deep root in you and your life, bringing connection and cultural healing to you and your people.
A journey of four gatherings, I will be co-facilitation the South and Southwest directions 29 June-1 July.
‘We need each other, to take a song, a word, a story, a tool, a ceremony and put it in our bundles. Not for ourselves, but for the ones yet to be born, for all our relations. Collectively, we assemble from the wisdom of the past a vision for the future, a worldview shaped by mutual flourishing.’
~ from Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
Join us for a yearlong journey with the 8 Shields…
We will dive deeply into the art of cultural healing practices and nature connection through the wheel of the year, exploring 2 Shields per weekend alongside personal and peer mentoring support between weekends.
This will be an experiential and integrative journey into the 8 Shields model, empowering you to bring it more fully into your life.
Following the natural cycles of the year this program is offering:
- Peacemaking tools as the bed-rock of our journey
- Creating a unique Village Builders ‘bundle’ to take back to your people
- Experience of the ‘flow-learning cycle’ from an 8 Shields perspective
- Ceremony (including marking a personal leadership threshold)
- Activities that bring out the attributes of connection
- Core routines of nature connection
- Embodiment practices
- Participation in the acorn team for the weekends
- Insights into the ‘backstage’ of event organising and facilitation
- Mentoring calls between weekends
- Peer to peer mentoring and reflection processes
- Authentic sharing and storytelling
- Music and Song
- Inner tracking as the foundation to intact leadership
- Grief Tending practices
- Audio recordings with explorations to land this powerfully into your life
- Using 8 Shields tools in groups and organisations
This yearlong is open to anyone who has taken an Art of Mentoring Ring 1 or an 8 Shields introductory weekend such as the Nature Culture Regeneration weekend in Devon or similar.
The course will mainly be held at a beautiful, wild and inspiring woodland camping venue on Dartmoor, with the winter weekend held at an indoor venue in Devon. Peter Cow and Rebecca Card are the lead facilitators, with Deborah Benham supporting the design of the course and as our N/NE weekend guest presenter.. We have a different guest presenter supporting at each weekend – Jack Payne-Cook for East/South East, Klaudia van Gool for South/South West and Chris Holland for West/North West.
Participating in this course will help you apply 8 Shields wisdom into your communities, family and work in grounded and empowering ways, bringing it home as a gift to yourself, your people and the community of all beings.
(Starting Fridays at 17.00 and closing Sundays at 16.00 each weekend)
East and South East: 13-15 April 2018
South and South West: 29 June-1 July
West and North West: 5–7 October
North and North East: 18-20 January 2019
More information and booking on the Bringing it Home website